Friday, May 19, 2006

update time, schmupdate time

Only four weeks and three days until I am done with this quarter. Did you know that it gets warmer later on in the year? Did you know that being in a house with no air conditioning or swamp cooler sucks pretty hard? Because the answer to both of those questions is a resounding "It does". It may be 'cooler' here than in Tucson, but when you factor in humidity and lack of AC, it hardly feels it. I've spent the past week or so fondly remembering watching the mercury rise outside while the temperature inside remained, wait for it, comfortable. Thank God for giant fans and having windows on both sides of rooms.

Classes proceed much as they have: blaahh.

Does anyone remember...and the name escapes me as I write this...the movie with Sara Jessica Parker and Bette Midler and that other woman who play witches, and it has a talking cat, and some kid who moves into town and his sister gets kidnapped by the witches...? Anyway, I have a sudden urge to watch it. Netflix needs to provide instantaneous service. Instantaneous mind-reading service.

Needless to say, it's terribly exciting up here. I'd go out and about, taking pictures and such, but like I said: hot, humid.

3 comments:

Walt said...

HA! [i]Hocus Pocus[/i]!

It's probably due to the fall episode of [i]Gilmore Girls[/i] that I'm watching.

Mary said...

Um. I am super confused as to how your comment relates to this post. Please, please, explain it to me.

P.S. I have that on vinyl.

Walt said...

That's the movie that I was thinking of, but couldn't remember the name. It totally had a talking cat and a dead guy without a tongue.

hehehe