Friday, September 15, 2006

i couldn't find a dry towel either!

Ok, I'm writing this down so that, if I find it I'll know I didn't go mad.
What am I talking about? Laundry.
I went downstairs this morning to put my clothes from the washer to the dryer for obvious reasons. I could see that no one else had switched them as there was no pile of my laundry on the ground. This is something that always thrills me: finding my clean clothes in a wad so that I have iron anything I want to wear. If there was a puddle of water I'm sure whomever it is that does this would make sure they soaked it up. I mean, if there's someone else's clothes in the dryer when I want to use it, I fold them. The last time this happened, all of my clothes were stuffed into a shirt.
But back to the story at hand. I opened the dryer. Nothing. I opened the washer to pull them out and nothing. They weren't in there. They weren't behind the washer. I want to say they weren't in the freezer, but it just occurs to me I haven't checked. They aren't in the freezer. They weren't in my laundry basket. Ditto for in the laundry room, the basement, the first floor, anyone's room, the stairs, etc. My clothes have vanished.
Thankfully, I still have a couple of clean shirts, shorts, and boxers. They weren't wiley enough to go into my closet. However, I am on my last pair of clean socks. And there's no one home to question. This goes beyond inconsideration, and unless I find my clothes hanging up, having been dry cleaned and pressed, I'll just call it malice. Why would they do something like this? It's ridiculous.

And no, they're not outside, strewn in the bushes.

EDIT: They were neatly folded. In a room I hadn't checked. Of course.

No comments: