Wednesday, January 17, 2007

sounds about right...

In an effort to liven things up, here's my current list of ten (actually 12 because I couldn't just choose one Okkervil River to end it with) songs to take to a desert island in no particular order.

The Fall Peter and the Wolf
Tonight Sibylle Baier
Grendel's Mother The Mountain Goats
If You See Light The Mountain Goats
I Wish That I Could See You Soon Herman Dune
Strange Machines Peter and the Wolf
Fake Palindromes Andrew Bird
Whistle of a Distant Train Ed Harcourt
The Vice and Virtue Ministry Happy Bullets
Song of Our So-Called Friends Okkervil River
The Velocity of Saul at the Time of His Conversion Okkervil River
The War Criminal Rises and Speaks Okkervil River

What are yours?

4 comments:

Mary said...

Apparently you couldn't keep it to TWO either...

Walt said...

Nope, and in retrospect, I'd also like to add several more Mountain Goats songs, a couple of White Stripes songs, and one or two from Bishop Allen.

Walt said...

If I was going to be on a desert island, in reality I'd insist on a top 100. At least.

Good choices, by the way.

Walt said...

Hmmmm...
Off of the top of my head, they are:

Little Miss Sunshine
Narc
Garden State
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Science of Sleep