Monday, April 09, 2007

in which i use numbers

So. Classes. Ahem.

1. Eastern Religion and Philosophy is taught by a guy who looks a tad like Steven Spielberg, but with considerably more bow-ties-per-shirt. He seems to know what he's talking about, although it's a bit difficult to tell over the roar of his mumbling. However, I do have that class with Biz and Alexis and so the chances of making through the class are high.
2. Brit Lit 2: The Sequel is taught by a woman whose previous job was being Velma Dinkley and teaching kindergarten. I loathe the class with almost, but not quite, every fiber of my being. Alexis is in that class with me, too, but because it's still illegal to throw up your hands and then leave some sort of backhand smack as a parting gift, I may not survive.
3. Stress and Coping is taught by Andy Richter. A taller and thinner version of him, but still. I have no friends in that class, but the teacher seems fine. As far as psych teachers go.

The chances that I will turn to drink: Slim.

You know what I hate more than customers? Regular customers. With their giant boxes of books. And their relentless demands and questions and complaining about prices. You know, this was far more witty when I thought of it yesterday, and it's not really working now, so I'll jump that ship while I can.

The chances that I will punch someone when they drop a giant box of books on the counter: High.

The chances that this post will continue on to the Special Guest Topic: Low, because I didn't end up seeing Grindhouse tonight. Alas.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

If you punch someone, could you let a coworker know prior to the action so they can fil it please?

aslo: who calls their movie "Grindhouse" Geez.

Unknown said...

I was going for "film" up there.

Walt said...

I figured, inasmuch it would be fairly ridiculous (and surprisingly commonplace) if there was a form to fill out before you or a coworker punches someone.

Re: who calls their movie "Grindhouse": People with giant freak heads.
That's right, I'm looking at you, Tarantino.

Mary said...

"Excuse me, I am going to punch that customer over there."

"Oh. Well, you'll have to fill this out. In triplicate please. Blue or black pen. Press hard on the carbon copies with a ball point pen."

"Oh. Ok. And I sign here?"

"Yup. And I'll just flip this switch here to turn the camcorder on annnnnd...happy punching!"

Unknown said...

I am not a hero.

I am a mere defender of the office.

Do you know who's the real hero?

Hiro, from Heroes. That's a hero.

Also, Bono.

Walt said...

Man, if I could stop time, I wouldn't even need to punch them.
"Oh, you have books?"
"Yeah, that's right. Ten billion of them."
"Well, if that's true, then why are all of your clothes on backwards? And filled with books?"
"Touche, employee. Touche."

Mary said...

If I could stop time, the interaction would go something like this:

"Oh, you have books?"
"Yeah, that's right. Ten billion of them."
"Oh, you mean these books? The ones that are on fire?"
"Tou...SHIT, I AM ON FIRE!"

PS I fully had a dream about Palantir last night.

Unknown said...

What was your dream?

Were you married to Alex Blount and trapped in the dark room with Jeremy Gilmore unable to escape to your beloved?

Mary said...

Man, that dream description was going pretty well until we got the whole "trapped in the darkroom" part.

No, I was visiting, and people just kept arriving to hang out. The real high point of the dream was when Matt Sheeley modeled this great outfit--bright pink parachute pants and a very tight spandex neon pink shirt that he said was so tight that it was somehow knife proof. It was pretty awesome.

Walt said...

Man, Matt Sheeley loved that outfit.

Unknown said...

And he could bust a move in it so well.

PS Sorry about the darkroom, I don't know what came over me.