Sunday, June 10, 2007

the good news first and then horrible awful very bad news: or stupid ford motor company, those bastards

Good news first. I bought my tickets for this summer, and will be down in Tucson from August 8th to the 21st. I suggest we hang out at least a couple of times? Also, I did indeed start a Marion/John Wayne in an airport story. It'll probably be not gloomy at the very least, but I'm shooting for funny and happy. So there's that.

Bad news now. After I bought my tickets yesterday, I checked my bank accounts to see what sort of damage they dealt and to my great surprise I saw: Nothing. Well, not exactly "nothing." I did see "-235.60" which is, I suppose, an absence of nothing. But nothing in my savings and the above in my checking.
Which was, clearly, EXACTLY what I was expecting.
Two calls to Wells Fargo later and I've got to contact the Wells Fargo Legal Department on Monday. Because all of my money has gone to Ford Motor Company. Ford. Motor. Company. I don't know how. I certainly don't know why. Maybe they're vindictive that I drive a Camry? Apparently, and I'm not positive that this is what the lady said due to my head spinning, Ford has a hold on my money in a litigation or something or other (which is why I have to contact the legal department).

So I had a very fun day yesterday and I have to open the store in 20 minutes, so today is really looking up.

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Dude. That. SSssssucks.

Unknown said...

Wow. That is awful! Did you lose your wallet at some point? Maybe they are mistaking you for that other Walt Carlson?? Maybe you sleep walk into car shows??

I had my identity stolen last year, some wanker went on a shopping spree at Nordstroms with my poor pathetic credit card.

It figures that we wouldn't get the normal theives, out for drugs and car radios, but the ones that just wanted a new mustang or ugg boots.

Let me know if you need legal help, there's this lawyer guy who lives here with me.

Walt said...

I've never lost my wallet or been without my debit card and I have no idea how they got my information.

Thanks for the offer for legal help, but it looks like it all got taken care of. If something else arises from it, I'll be quick to let you know.