Saturday, April 15, 2006

supping from the heady goblet of fame

Before I go any further, I must give you the sad news that Fiddy wasn't there.
It was only Jessica Biel, which I suppose was all right, I guess. She's shorter than you'd think, and it was a bit awkward meeting her without my pants on, as I spent the whole day in a hospital gown, but she's nice. I don't really have exciting stories about the filming, as the scenes shot were mainly dialogue and I mostly waited for my scene...Here're some highlights:

While waiting in the small chapel with my dad and two guys who were both sans-complete leg (one was right, below the knee, and the other left, above the knee) to get called for the background, we watched the scene through the blinds on window thinking no one could see us through the glare. When my dad had to walk across the sidewalk again and again and again he found that anyone could see through the window perfectly.

I will be in one scene for sure (without counting my head in the background). While Jessica Biel is being rolled through the hospital on a gurney-bed, when she comes out of her room I'm being pushed in a wheelchair away from the camera. When she is turned down a hallway and taken down it, I'm pushed past in the background.

I also read a quite a bit more of the excellent Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which I cannot recommend highly enough.

That's about it, if you want particulars, feel free to ask.

2 comments:

Walt said...

She just had a generic smell, there were a lot of people running around but I can tell you she smelled much better than select extras. Her hair was just kinda shiny so it had that "volume" without "reflecting the lights to a blinding extent." And her skin was surpisingly nice for someone who lies in a hospital bed all the time.

I'm just wheelchair guy #2, but I'm the only wheelchair guy with both legs.
I could just call her up, but she'll still have to submit a screen test like everyone else.

Walt said...

I didn't care mostly because we got our gowns and the lady was saying "Where have you been?! You're needed on set! Hurry up and change!" So there wasn't any time to worry about it.

Of course, once I got to set I sat in the room and watched the scene for two hours.