Sunday, October 07, 2007

no, i'm not putting off reading. why would you even suggest that?

I have a confession to make. Now, before I tell you, I'd like to say that I hope it doesn't make you think any less of me or any differently. That's right: I like Matchbox 20.

It probably first started in freshman year when Marc gave me a bunch of CDs he had found and didn't like. Most of them were of bands I didn't like or were so messed up they wouldn't work. A lot of them didn't have cases. However, there was one I was intrigued by; its case was cracked, but still good and the CD wasn't too scratched. That CD was Yourself Or Someone Like You.

I'm admitting this because the other day I was in my car, listening to the radio and this song started. I thought "This sounds familar" and "I really like this." It wasn't until the song was almost over that I realized it was the new Matchbox 20 song. Maybe I felt that I had to get this secret off my chest because I hope that, in some deep and shameful place, I would totally like to go to a Matchbox 20 concert. It's possible, they have a new CD out. But if I do, I hope that I won't have to make up a different concert to say I went to. I hope that you can understand.

I hope we can still be friends.

If I can quote Matchbox 20, "I know it's wrong, that's the problem." Thank you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Secret: I love them too. Also the Counting Crows, John Mayer, the Goo Goo Dolls, the Gin Blossoms and other should be, would be 90's trash bucket bands.

When I was in high school I had a huge crush on Rob Thomas despite, or maybe because of the fact that he kind of looks like Kermit the Frog.


....I wonder what it's like to be the rainmaker, I wonder what it's like to know that I make the rain. I'd store it in boxes with little yellow tags on everyone, and you can come see them when I'm...done, when I'm...Done...

Walt said...

Haha, I hadn't thought of it, but he does kind of look like Kermit the Frog.

That was one of my favorite songs on the album!
I wonder what it's like to be a super hero
I wonder where I'd go if I could fly around downtown... yeah
from some other planet, I'd get this funky high on the yellow sun
boy I bet my friends will all be stunned... they're stunned...

Your secret's safe with me. And Mary. My blog doesn't have a huge readership.

Unknown said...

Hey. Mary and I are an army rebel force of readership.

Look Mary made me one too:

http://strawberryroad.wordpress.com/

I made it red.

I think I'm going to make a 90's master play list. You will also have to think of one, you should probably start crackalacking.

Walt said...

The only problem that may arise from me making a 90s master playlist is that I didn't really listen to music until Elephant came out. My favorite CD until then was probably the Good Morning, Vietnam soundtrack or the soundtrack from Micheal, both of which I listened to almost exclusively while cleaning my room. Yes, I really do rock that hard.
But I can try. It's just either going to be very short or not very good. Or both.

Mary said...

Oh mannn, the 90's smaltz I could hit you with....

this may take me some time.

oh BOOY.